How Does Coffee Stain Your Teeth? – Simple Tips to Prevent It
Many people like to have coffee to kick-start their day. Are you aware of what coffee does to the teeth? The basic rule is, anything that stains clothes can stain the teeth. Yes, it’s true in the case of coffee as well. Coffee has ingredients like tannins, a polyphenol that breaks in the water.
This compound is also used in beverages, including tea and red wine. It makes the color compounds cling over the teeth. Thus, they leave yellow-colored stains. Even a cup of coffee per day can cause stains on your teeth and affect dental health.
For desired results, purchase reliable UK teeth whitening products from popular stores like Euro White. They provide the best dental hygiene products at an affordable price to maintain dazzling teeth.
In this article, you can learn a few things that help to prevent teeth discoloration without quitting your coffee.
Why coffee stain teeth?
The outer layer of the teeth will be protected by enamel, covered with tiny gaps. When you eat or drink, particles are stuck in them and forms extrinsic strains. It means the topmost layer of the teeth gets discolored. If these particles stay for a long time, they affect the other layers as well.
If you don’t make efforts to remove them, these stains go deeper into the layers called intrinsic stains, which are difficult to clean.
How to eliminate coffee stains on the teeth?
There are several home remedies available that help to eliminate the stains naturally. Crest 3D white gives the same effect as in-office procedures within few days.
- Brush your teeth two times per day
- It can prevent plaque accumulation, which is the main reason for causing stains.
- Remember to floss
- Flossing removes bacteria from the mouth. Also, it impacts oral hygiene.
- Make use of a straw
- By this, less liquid gets into contact with the teeth.
- Add milk
- Using diary milk helps to prevent staining as it can latch over the tannins.
- Sipping water in between cups of hot coffee can help to wash away stains.
- Exposing coffee to teeth for a long time can stain the teeth more, so finish as fast as possible.
- Try sugar-free gums – Chewing gums can produce more saliva that washes away plaque and acids. According to research studies, chewing gums for at least 20 minutes can help to prevent tooth decay.
In addition to these, also try Crest teeth whitening strips, which are specially made for oral hygiene to attain brighter teeth.
Other drinks and food that cause stains over the teeth
There are many drinks and food that can discolor your teeth. If you want to maintain healthy, whiter teeth, then you have to be aware of the following, including:
- Hard candies
- Red wine
- Sport drinks
Although many teeth whitening products available on the market, whitening strips are the best choice to eliminate stains. Whether you want to prevent stains caused by berries or candies, choose the best store that offers top-quality crest whitening strips and order them today.