What exactly is Letrozole?
Letrozole is an anti-estrogen, which means that it reduces the effects of estrogen. This compound is very helpful for female bodybuilders who are looking to increase their muscle hardness and density. The most common use for this compound is cutting, but it can also be very beneficial during the bulking phase. Letrozole is also very potent and can get rid of all estrogen related side effects such as gyno and water retention. This compound is a potent aromatase inhibitor, which means it inhibits estrogens by preventing the aromatization process from taking place. The aromatase enzyme is responsible for converting testosterone into estrogen. When you inhibit this process, there will be no more estrogen in the body.
Letrozole is officially classified as a non-steroidal aromatase inhibitor but can also be very powerful in preventing estrogen from being produced. In the medical field letrozole is used for treating breast cancer and has been labeled as Tamoxifen Citrate’s big brother.
Mechanism of Action: Inhibition of Aromatase
As mentioned above, letrozole is a non-steroidal aromatase inhibitor. This means that it does not exert its effects by attaching to androgen or estrogen receptor sites like most other compounds do. Being a non-steroidal compound also means that it doesn’t have any direct effects on the body’s natural testosterone production.
Letrozole is classified as an aromatase inhibitor and not a steroidal or non-steroidal anti-aromatase (NASA) because it does not exert its effects by binding to androgen or estrogen receptor sites. There are three different types of inhibitors: steroidal, non-steroidal and suicide inhibitors. Letrozole for sale does not exert its effects by attaching to androgen or estrogen receptor sites like most other compounds do. It is classified as a non-steroidal aromatase inhibitor, which means that it inhibits the aromatase enzyme by binding to another site on this enzyme called the heme. This reduces the aromatase activity and therefore reduces or totally blocks the conversion of androgen like testosterone into estrogen.
Benefits of Letrozole
Letrozole was created to fight breast cancer, but it has some great value for female bodybuilders. The main reason why letrozole is effective is because of aromatization. Aromatization refers to the process by which testosterone turns into estrogen. It’s important to prevent estrogen since this hormone will cause fat gain, water retention and is responsible for gynecomastia. This compound will help you stay clean, dry, and free of any side effects which are associated with estrogen conversion.
Letrozole does not have to be used during bulking or cutting phases however, it can benefit you either way. The benefits of using letrozole can be classified as:
- Enhanced Protein Synthesis (Makes it easier to add lean muscle): Protein synthesis is a process in which amino acids are linked together to make a protein molecule. When the rate of protein synthesis increases, this simply means that proteins will be built faster. This process can be compared to building a new house as quickly as possible.
Building more muscle is crucial for getting leaner and letrozole has been proven to increase protein synthesis. This compound doesn’t only help you add more muscle, but also helps you lose fat as well. These two benefits combined will make cutting a whole lot easier and your progression will be very fast.
- Fat Burning (Helps Get Leaner): By increasing protein synthesis letrozole is able to burn fat as well, since protein is made out of amino acids. This isn’t the only way letrozole can help you get leaner though, it also boosts the metabolism and decreases water retention as well.
- Enhanced Cardiovascular Performance: Letrozole has been shown to improve cardiovascular health and performance by increasing the red blood cells (erythrocytes) and hemoglobin levels. This is good news for bodybuilders, because it means they will be able to train harder and lift more weight.
- Enhanced Resistance to Disease: Letrozole has been shown to increase the number of white blood cells (leucocytes). These are the cells responsible for fighting against bacteria, viruses and other diseases.
- Muscle Sparing (Prevents Loss of Lean Muscle): Estrogen effects the way in which testosterone binds to muscle cells, but this is not a bad thing for females because it also plays a role in bone formation. With letrozole, it’s possible to have your cake and eat it too. This compound will allow the free testosterone to bind with muscle cells, but estrogen levels remain safe as well.
To learn more about Letrozole, go to the following YouTube video:
- Letrozole – Mechanism, side effects, precautions and uses–